Photography is an art of capturing every moment you find in your surroundings. Photography is the true essence of a real moment that looks beautiful than the reality because photography is all about freezing a real moment and admiring the moment. There are people who think photography doesn’t require having to go to a course and learn it. However, to be an advanced photographer requires some skills to be developed and become a professional in photography. This is the reason, the photography major has been introduced in almost all the universities handling Bachelor of Arts as B.A in Photography.
Best universities for Photography:
- New York Institute of Photography– this institute is specifically for the people having the passion for photography and offer a course in the field of photography. It is said to be a leader in photographic education. It was introduced in the year 1910. They provide a wide variety of courses to enroll at affordable rates as compared to other standard universities for university degree courses. They aim at providing a practical understanding of the subject matter.
- Parsons School of Design– this university is said to be ranked as the number 1 university for art and design situated in the United States. The main campus of this institute is located in New York City and was found in the year 1896. It is said to be a complete degree program as a part of a person’s education as a student. Photography is considered to be an integral part of fashion and art industry and is given a lot of importance to the photography as an undergraduate course by imposing practical experience and provide everything they need to know and grow to succeed in this field.
- Vevey School of Photography– this institute is specific in providing photography as a degree program. This is situated in Switzerland and is the most preferred school for arts and especially for photography. It has a comprehensive and in detail making use of both print and electronic media. Here students are allowed to make use of workshops, labs and practical knowledge provided.
- Sir JJ School of Applied Arts– this institute is situated in Mumbai, India and was established in the year 1935. The aim of this institute is to provide facilities in training the students in becoming professional and specialized in the field of visual communication.
- Ryerson University– this university is located in Toronto, Canada. They provide appropriate courses in photography and these courses focus on theory and practicality in photography as well. They provide placements and train students on the work environment and disciplines. Students studying here will have a lot of exposure to companies and have opportunities to gig and have internships in different places.
- Tokya Zokei University– it is considered as one of the best university for design and visual arts. It treats the course of photography as literacy and train the students for an industry ready environment.
Choosing the right university is very important. It is dependent on your requirements. Choose well.